OPEN POSITION: Construction Lead Hand
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you crush paving stone and interlock, retaining walls, garden bed preparation, Flower and Shrub plantings, and many other skills in landscape construction all day, every day?
Come join our crew and get to work on some interesting commercial and residential projects!
You'll also gain valuable new skills in a rising industry - artificial grass - through our sister company Toronto Artificial Grass
- Ability to assess and manage project sites, read blueprints and construction specifications, and implement a landscape design.
- Work closely with a project manager to: maintain efficient operations, meet deadlines and project budgets.
- Supervise a construction crew of 1-3 employees.
- Operates a variety of equipment including excavators, bobcats, tillers, sod cutters, line trimmers, chain saws and drills;
- Maintains assigned equipment and reports required repairs.
- Complies with health and safety policies and procedures. Knowledge & Experience
- Requires construction knowledge and experience in the installation of paving stone, retaining walls, garden bed preparation, Flower and Shrub plantings, and all other elements of the landscape construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of different plant varieties
- Skills: good oral and communication skills;
excellent problem solving; interpersonal; organizational; planning; and ability to make decisions
- ‘G’ class Ontario drivers’ licence (D or A License would be an asset) we offer ongoing training in all areas of the trade to ensure company safety and skill development.
7:00am - 5:30pm Monday-Friday (Saturdays during busy seasons)
$20-27 per hour based on experience. Based on $55,000 annual salary
Winter hours to include minimum hour pay.
- Able to schedule and execute all aspects of a landscape project
- The ability and confidence to lead and direct a team
- Experienced certified, skid steer operator
- Experienced in all aspects of hardscaping and softscaping
- Possess a strong work ethic and be highly motivated.
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites
- Operate various tools and equipment
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, Artificial turf
- Build patios, garden walls, and other decorative installations
- Face, size, cut, and lay stones
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Safety-focused and able to guide crew members on best practices.
- First-aid training or other certifications are required.
- Snow clearing in Winter
- Completion of high school, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Must have a portfolio and 3 references from job sites you have worked on
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
Must possess a valid driver's license
Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time
If you want to make a difference and love to get your hands dirty, then please apply to:
Garden City Groundskeeping Services Ltd.
By email: email@example.com